Professionals are invited to submit proposals for Special Sessions. A Special Session should focus on a topic which is of particular interest to the FDL audience. Papers of special sessions may be included in the IEEE Xplore proceedings. If you are interested in organizing a special session, please submit a brief proposal (no more than two pages) which describes the topic, the intended audience, as well as a list of possible speakers.
- Special session organizer has to contact possible contributors or will make sure that their special session will have a sufficient number of submissions
- Propose special session title to the Program Chair: titles are advertised on the conference web page
- After submission deadline the review process is conducted
- The PC decides on the acceptance/rejection of all papers (both regular and special session papers)
- The Program Chair informs the special session organizers about the outcome on the papers of their sessions
- The special session organizer decides what papers to include to his/her session. This may include the originally proposed ones as well as (accepted) other papers submitted to this special session. If the special session organizer does not want to add an accepted paper (e.g., there is no more space), it will be scheduled in a regular session. Besides that, the special session organizer can also add rejected papers (e.g., from the initial special session proposal), however these papers will not be published in IEEE Xplore.
- Special Sessions: Mar 24, 2018
- Abstract Deadline:
Apr 21, 2018 May 6, 2018
- Paper Deadline:
Apr 28, 2018, May 13, 2018
- Other Contributions: May 26, 2018
- Author Notification:
Jun 26, 2018, July 3, 2018
- Final Version:
Jul 21, 2018, July 29, 2018
Submissions (of papers contributing to a special session)
Authors should submit papers in double column, IEEE format as PDF through the submission system. A full research paper must be a minimum of 6 pages and a maximum of 8 pages. Other contributions shall not exceed 2-4 pages. Submitted papers must be anonymous (double blind), must describe original unpublished work, and must not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Publications (of accepted papers)
Conference proceedings will be published in electronic form with an ISSN and an ISBN number and made available on IEEE Xplore. In addition, an edited collection of extended versions of selected best papers will be published as a book by Springer. Accepted papers must be presented by one of the authors. A full registration for each paper is required prior to the camera ready papers deadline.